domingo, 9 de julio de 2017

Spanish Lit Month 2017: 7/1-7/8 Links


It was both a pleasure and a relief to see so many people join us for the first week of Spanish Lit Month 2017 despite our late announcement of this year's event.  And with the arrival of internet service at the new Caravana de recuerdos manor, it should be even easier to keep up with your output in future weeks.  In any event, here's a list of last week's SLM links--feel free to let me know if I've missed any posts either here or by e-mail or on Twitter (Richard@caravanablog) if you prefer to avoid Blogger's comments-squashing security apparatus.  In the meantime, happy reading!

Amateur Reader (Tom), Wuthering Expectations
for my joy in the tooth of the wheel - a glance at Lorca's poems

Grant, 1streading's Blog
Field of Honour by Max Aub
The Blue Hour by Alonso Cueto
The Children by Carolina Sanín

Joseph Schreiber, roughghosts
Colonel Lágrimas by Carlos Fonseca

Lisa Hill, ANZ LitLovers LitBlog
In the Land of Giants: Hunting Monsters in the Hindu Kush by Gabi Martínez

Melissa Beck, The Book Binder's Daughter
The Proof by César Aira

Pat, South of Paris Books
The Woman of Your Dreams by Antonio Sarabia
The Murky Waters of the Tigre by Alicia Plante
The Shadow of What We Were by Luis Sepúlveda
The Heart of the Tartar by Rosa Montero

Richard, Caravana de recuerdos
Dietario voluble by Enrique Vila-Matas

Stu, Winstonsdad's Blog
Spanish Lit Month 2017
Nona's Room by Cristina Fernandez Cubas

8 comentarios:

  1. Hi richard my revue of Sepulveda seems to have slipped through the net
    https://patpalbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/luis-sepulveda-the-shadow-of-what-we-were/
    Pat

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry about that, Pat--all fixed now! Will be by to catch up on your reviews soon!!

      Borrar
  2. Thanks for the links, Richard. I read a new to me author, Joao Gilberto Noll, with his novel Atlantic Hotel.

    https://dolcebellezza.net/2017/07/07/atlantic-hotel-by-joao-gilberto-noll-especially-for-spanish-lit-month/

    Is it just me who tends to find Spanish authors so obtuse? :)

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. I read your Atlantic Hotel review with interest, Bellezza, but I left it off the list because I believe the author is a Portuguese language writer (Brazilian) and not a Spanish language one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. P.S. Can't help you with that "obtuse" comment, but I'm glad you like Marías at least!

      Borrar
  3. Okay, now I am officially embarrassed. Of course, it is Brazilian! So sorry for my error. Hope Marias qualifies. ;)

    ResponderBorrar
  4. Hi Richard, I've two posts for the second week
    https://patpalbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/rosa-montero-tears-in-rain/
    https://patpalbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/jose-carlos-somoza-zigzag/

    ResponderBorrar
  5. Hey my daughter's been using my computer

    ResponderBorrar