domingo, 2 de julio de 2017

Spanish Lit Month 2017


Due to popular demand (i.e. one measly inquiry late last month from the seemingly genuinely enthusiastic Grant of 1streading's Blog), Spanish Lit Month will return in July and the overtime month of August this year for anybody interested in reading Spanish-language literature in the summer company of some like-minded fiends (as usual, works first published in Catalan and Galician will count as well).  To participate, all you have to do is to read one or more works in one of the original languages or in translation and then notify co-host Stu of Winstonsdad's Blog or me for us to share your reviews with fellow SLM 2017 readers across the globe.  In the hope that some of you will choose to join us despite the short notice, I'll say goodbye for now and try to return later in the week for some sort of an update once I dig some of my Spanish-language reading choices out of their storage containers necessitated by a recent move.  Any help with the unpacking appreciated.  Cheers!

Spanish Lit Month 2017 Readers
Stu, Winstonsdad's Blog
Amateur Reader (Tom), Wuthering Expectations
Bellezza, Dolce Bellezza
David Hebblethwaite, David's Book World
Dorian Stuber, Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau
Emma, Book Around the Corner
Frances, Nonsuch Book 

18 comentarios:

  1. I have been eagerly awaiting this announcement, hoping that you would sponsor the Spanish Lit Month again, and here is the happy news! Hooray! I've been saving some books, particularly from Restless Books publishers, and I'm eager to read and share them. Thanks, Richard.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Delighted to hear the news, Bellezza, and to have you join us once again! Looking forward to hearing more about your reading choices.

      Borrar
  2. I'll be in the Netherlands for most of July, but hopefully I can do something in time for an August posting.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Scott, I'll be looking forward to your post-Dutch treat in August then!

      Borrar
  3. All right, here is a thingeroo about Lorca's poems. Looking forward to what other people write, which will surely be better than what I wrote.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Wonderful to have your company again, Tom. Thanks, too, for writing about a guy I haven't read in a while but should.

      Borrar
  4. This July prompt is always a welcome treat. There's a couple of novels I'm eyeing here. If they prove dense, I might default with Borges microfictions.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Excited to have you join the fun again, Rise, and Borges is always a solid "back-up plan" for sure!

      Borrar
  5. Perhaps Spanish Lit Month will tempt me out of my lassitude. Perhaps inspire me to get new glasses and splash some cold water on my face a few times every day instead of drowning in the stagnant pools of undone tasks, unread books and .. And amoung the books that I am currently not finishing is an Aira. And even better there is an Error in the post to you Richard as a result of an error.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Séamus, glad to have you join us! (Surely, that's the error you refer to--an error in judgement?) Although Aira-sequel lassitude can be a virtue as well. Cheers!

      Borrar
    2. Thanks to spell-check for turning Aira-sequel into Aira-sequel behind my back as it were. Ugh.

      Borrar
  6. I think I may have to bow out of Spanish Lit Month this year for a variety of reasons - nevertheless, it's good to see so many other bloggers and readers joining in. I shall follow the reviews with interest. Have fun. :)

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. No worries, Jacqui, and thanks for following along all the same!

      Borrar
  7. Hello Richard, I hope I'm not too late to join in. I really enjoyed Spanish Lit Month last year, and am pleased it's going ahead again this time.

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Great news, David, and remember that you have both the rest of July and all of August as well should you choose. Until then, thanks for reading along with us again!

      Borrar
  8. Hi Richard, my ost for the week
    https://patpalbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/22/javier-cercas-outlaws/

    ResponderBorrar
  9. Hi Richard, mypost for the week
    https://patpalbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/22/javier-cercas-outlaws/

    ResponderBorrar